Monday, March 29, 2010

Behold, I Make All Things Anew!


Inspired by SONICFLOOd & a rare song titled "Precious Jesus" by The Choir & Leigh Nash...



I remember you...
On that most holy night...
When heavens opened up, love poured out...
Hope kissed the earth, giving to us a gift…
Angels fell down to their knees…
And sang glory to your name!

I remember you…
When you slept in your Mother’s arms….
‘Twas a precious sight…
Little did people know, a stir was brewing...
One that would change the world forever...
For you came to set us free!

We remember you…
When you cried to the lost…
Ancient promises fulfilled…
So those who believe be salvaged...
Lover of our souls, you did everything…
But we spat on you… Lord… I spat on you!

We remember you…
When you stumbled and crawled…
Crown of thorns crushed down your skull...
You bled... Lord... You bled...
Bled for us... Oh Immortal, how you wept...
Calvary opened its dolorous gates…
But you loved us… You forgave!

I remember you…
On that holy cross… When you thirsted…
When I had nothing to offer…
When you cried out to your Father…
When you breathed your last…
The sun stopped... The earth shook in anger… That torn veil…
Oh my God… What have I done!

I remember you, Precious Jesus…
On that third day…
When the Angel broke through ranks of roman soldiers…
Slewing them that stood guard at your sacred tomb…
Oh, how dare they…
How dare they disgrace your holiness!

I remember you, Oh Prince!
When Sharon's Rose blossomed…
When Nature quaked, trembling with joy….
The skies thundered…
Sweet music echoed all around…
You conquered death… my Savior… You rose!

Oh I remember…
When the righteous dead couldn’t contain themselves,
They shouted, they screamed, they awoke!
The air around resounded…
'Twas the sound of the redeemed rising up to sing praises…
I sang with them, Lord… I sang… I shouted!

Now…
It’s my time to dream…
To dream of the sky…
The sky that faced the earth...
The earth where Love first cried!

Hey!
Can’t you feel the spirit in the air?
Rejoice, for his last words were “I come again”…
And you know he is coming…
Look around you…
It’s screaming in your face…
Remember!


No comments:

Post a Comment