Monday, December 7, 2009

The Enigmatic Conundrum



Back in my days in Kuwait, people never called me a nerd. They called me a genius. The subtle difference is that the latter never studies. The answers come to him, just at the cost of time. Probably it was a tactic developed by my lazy brain which didn’t want to bother going through the details, just the hard hitting facts. Many erratic grades of mine were due to me not having enough time to think. Hence I hated timed exams, and these deterred me to push with the flow. I had to use techniques that wasted brain on cramming. No logic, No basis, No footing. The education system screwed me over. And as you would know, the proficiency that got me through the toughest exams became obsolete, I forgot how it worked. Hence my serious academic career began with my stupidity, followed by falls. Then, I landed in NITT...

And my genius streak continued there too, very briefly, till I was slammed by random dudes with some real brains. Or rather, they thought they had the cognition but they couldn’t differentiate between the words ‘bought’ and ‘brought’, yet they aced their exams. It was about this time; I went crazy with the logicality of it all and chucked everything. What was the point? There wasn’t any legible reason that I could fathom for this absurdity. Final 3 years of utter nonsense at school, and then I reach a place that’s even more academically monotonous and plainly stupid. For the life of me I thought there would be at least a change at this level of the education system; there wasn’t. Yet, this place would teach me some of the most important things in life I needed to know.
 

That there was another factor influencing my effete, or rather the lack of it yet; Luck. At least I thought it was luck. It was pretty much akin to the philosophy in Paulo Coelho’s books. Whenever I set out to do something, as long as my mind was in it, I was always met with success. Back then, I used to simper at the thought of it, couldn’t believe my luck for anything. Until I ran out of it. Hence was my conundrum; I mistook something else for luck. And the futility of it struck me like a pricking thorn on a darkened floor; luck was for the fools. Fools who think there is something out there, some sort of a balance of ethics. Fools are fools; realize that there is nothing such out there. Unless, of course, you mistook it for the butter-warm touch of love; divine love and it's intervention, that is.

Where there’s that love, luck stands superfluous. This is what I had cognized; when the creator who breathed life into you claims that he loves you, what more do you have to fear?! Everything will go just fine! Just as long as you claim his love, there’s nothing that’s ever going to hinder you. Sure, failures happen, but, for a reason. A reason that’s far greater than you can imagine. His plans are far mysterious and bountiful. Sooner or later it will all strike you, it will come crashing down on you. Then you, like me, a fool, will call it luck. Remember, God’s love isn’t contingent on your belief in it, it comes free. No strings attached. Whether you like it or not, he will beat his way into your lives. Just realize him and grant him for who he is, a jealous God; jealous for us. Just don’t attribute it all to something else, like I, and ignore him. Know him and your world will revolve in a better tone.